BMC Cancer is recruiting Editorial Board Members to join our Editorial Board. As the growth of the journal continues, we must also ensure that it is able to cope with increased submissions whilst maintaining our high editorial standards. Therefore, we are looking to expand our editorial team.
We are seeking applications from researchers with a background in these subject areas:
- Cancer epidemiology studies
- Cancer patient-derived xenografts
- Tumour microenvironment
- Gene signature and cancer
- Clinical trials, protocol design and cancer
- Meta-analysis and cancer
- Radiation oncology and cancer
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) and cancer
- Human papillomavirus and cancer
BMC Cancer scope and ethos
BMC Cancer is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on the epidemiology of disease and the understanding of all aspects of cancer research, including the pathophysiology, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancers.
The journal does not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
Who are we looking for?
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Cancer must:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to represent BMC Cancer within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommends decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Cancer should be willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
We also encourage all of our Editors to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research. Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support.
Benefits - what is in it for you?
Please find further information on responsibilities and benefits for Editorial Board Members at the BMC Series here.
If you are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Cancer and you meet the criteria above, please click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.