Skip to main content

Table 1 Clinical characteristics, MGMT promoter methylation and FISH analysis of eight primary GBMs.

From: Molecular analysis of ex-vivo CD133+ GBM cells revealed a common invasive and angiogenic profile but different proliferative signatures among high grade gliomas

GBM sample Sex Age years [M1]Number CD133 (%) Stage Tumour Tumour Location Resection DFP months Survival Days[M2] Radiotherapy Chemotherapy Response MGMT Methylation EFGR (% cells) PTEN (% cells)
G2 M 73 2300 (0'5%) Death GBM Temporal Total 9 398 Cranial+Boost TMZ CR No met Amplification (74%) del (46%)
G4 M 70 37000 (3'2%) Death GBM Temporal Total 5 479 Cranial - NR Met Polysomy (61%) del (86%)
G5 F 68 6000 (1'5%) Alive GBM Frontal subtotal 8 630 Cranial+Boost TMZ PR Met Polysomy (55%) del (64%)
G6 M 65 6000 (1'6%) Death GBM Multifoci subtotal 5,5 410 Cranial - CR No Met Polysomy (47%) Normal
G7 M 59 4800 (0'6%) Death GBM Frontal Total 3 192 Cranial TMZ P No met Amplification (54%) del (40%)
G8 M 65 6000 (0'7%) Alive GBM Temporal Total 4,5 166 Cranial TMZ P Met Normal del(70%)
G9 M 69 2900 (0'1%) Death GBM Parietal subtotal 2 108 Cranial+Boost - P nd Normal Normal
G11 F 76 13000 (1'7%) Death GBM Tempo-parietal Total 6 377 Cranial+Boost TMZ NR No met Amplification (72%) del (79%)
  1. Radiation therapy was administrated in all cases, cranial radiation (four cases) or cranial + Boost radiation. A total dose of 60 GY was administrated 5 days per week during 6 weeks. Additionally, in four cases, Temozolomide was administrated daily beginning on the first day of radiation.
  2. M: Male; F: Female; CR: complete response (no residual disease can be identified on clinical examination); DFP: disease free period (time of period from surgery to detection of signs of disease); PR: partial response (reduction of disease by 30% or more on clinical examination); P: progression (disease has increased in size or number on treatment); NR: no response; nd: no date; TMZ: Temozolomide