|Categories||Codes in each category||Examples of meaning units|
|HPV self-sampling compared with sampling by a healthcare provider.||- Easy to perform self-sampling at home|
- Easy to understand the instructions
- Preference of self-sampling compared with sampling by a healthcare professional at a clinic.
|- It was very good, I mean, that you could do it at home and then just send it.|
-Very easy, it was great!
- It was actually very nice to do it myself instead of lying down in this chair
|Knowledge and concerns about the relationship between HPV infection, and risk for CC.||- Low knowledge about HPV|
- Low knowledge about the relationship between HPV infection and CC
- Low knowledge about CC screening and prevention
|- Now I know a little more after reading the information, but before I didn’t know so much|
“Yes... to start with I didn’t actually know anything … but later I read a bit that it can cause cancer …”
-No, I do not know so much. But I know there is a vaccine for little girls.
|Experiences and feelings about an HPV positive result.||- Worries regarding an HPV positive result|
- No feelings of shame about having an HPV positive result
- Need for more information
|-I was not worried! A little surprised, maybe.|
-I was a little frightened. I didn’t know much about it. I wondered if I had cancer.
-I did not think so much about this! I have been married to the same man for more than 30 years.
-It felt safe to know that you could call for more information if you want!