Codes in each category
Examples of meaning units
HPV self-sampling compared with sampling by a healthcare provider.
- Easy to perform self-sampling at home
- Easy to understand the instructions
- Preference of self-sampling compared with sampling by a healthcare professional at a clinic.
- It was very good, I mean, that you could do it at home and then just send it.
-Very easy, it was great!
- It was actually very nice to do it myself instead of lying down in this chair
Knowledge and concerns about the relationship between HPV infection, and risk for CC.
- Low knowledge about HPV
- Low knowledge about the relationship between HPV infection and CC
- Low knowledge about CC screening and prevention
- Now I know a little more after reading the information, but before I didn’t know so much
“Yes... to start with I didn’t actually know anything … but later I read a bit that it can cause cancer …”
-No, I do not know so much. But I know there is a vaccine for little girls.
Experiences and feelings about an HPV positive result.
- Worries regarding an HPV positive result
- No feelings of shame about having an HPV positive result
- Need for more information
-I was not worried! A little surprised, maybe.
-I was a little frightened. I didn’t know much about it. I wondered if I had cancer.
-I did not think so much about this! I have been married to the same man for more than 30 years.
-It felt safe to know that you could call for more information if you want!