|Didactical elements||Main objectives/content||Size|
• Concept of KOKON consultation
• Examples from real life consultations
• Acquaintance with key elements of the KOKON consultation (1. realizing and prioritizing the needs and concerns of the patient, 2. strategies to communicate relevant information, 3. evidence about relevant CM-therapies, 4. summary and perspective at the end of the consultation).|
• Evidence-based information on nutrition, and physical activity for cancer patients.
• Most common symptoms and typical patient concerns.
• CAMa summaries in German
• Consultation videos
• Description of main CM therapies for breast cancer patients (acupuncture, coenzyme 10, ginseng and yoga).|
• Description of most common consultation situations: demand for general information on available CM therapies, information on specific CM therapies and on CM therapy as alternative for conventional medicine.
On-site skills training|
• Role plays with participants
• Exercises with data base
• Role plays with simulation patients
• CM expert presentations
• Ability to apply KOKON consultation elements in daily practice (Recognize the demand of the patient, prioritize, deal with unclear CM evidence and unserious therapies, further procedure).|
• Use of KOKONBase (database on CM treatments).
• Evidence on hormone therapy, mistletoe and cancer related fatigue.
|20 lectures (45 min each)|